The Q7 AMC Adaptor Board (short Q7 AMC) is a MicroTCA Single-Width Full-Height carrier board (~7,3 cm x 18,3 cm x 3 cm) for Q7 Modules, for convenient integration of a Q7 based computing module in a MicroTCA environment.
The primary purpose of the Q7 AMC is to integrate Q7 based processor modules in a MicroTCA environment. The Ethernet of the Q7 AMC is connected to the front panel. The PSU of the MicroTCA System is connected via the rear connector. For additional Ethernet connectivity the PCIe lane 0 of the Q7 connector is routed to a standard PCIe 1x connector for connection of small size Ethernet cards. Optional (via soldering MUX) the PCIe lane can be connected to the MicroTCA backplane connector.
The Q7 AMC adaptor can also be used standalone by providing 12V to the power connector.
The main features of the Q7 AMC module are listed below:
- PCIe lane 0 is connected to PCIe 1x connector (optional to MicroTCA backplane)
- Ethernet is connected to front connector
- USB1 is connected to front connector as USB client
- SDIO is connected to micro SD Card connector
- Power supply connected to MicroTCA rear connector
Additional functionalities are available through headers, these are:
- USB 2 and 3 (host) are available on headers
- UART0, SPI and i2C are available on headers
- SATA (not tested) is routed to not populated connector, also a power connector for SATA drives can be mounted
- Header for battery