The Virtex6 ADC Board is designed for four channel A/D conversion and digital post-processing. It supports several serial high speed interfaces like CPRI, PCIe, SATA, SRIO and Ethernet.
In a typical application the Xilinx Virtex-6-SXT FPGA is used for digital down-conversion and filtering of the received ADC data streams and for controlling of the connected analog RF circuits. Two double ADC converters (ADS62P49) with 14 bit resolution and up to 250 MHz sampling frequency are included on board. Additionally the board includes a Spartan 3AN FPGA for hardware programming and monitoring purposes via own Ethernet interface.
- Digital down-conversion and baseband processing
- Multiplexing and conversion between serial interfaces ( CPRI / OBSAI / SRIO / PCIe)
- High speed data capturing with up to 4 GByte DDR3 memory on board
The board includes following digital data interfaces:
- 1 x PCI Express Interface with 4 Lanes
- 2 x SATA Interface
- 1 x SRIO Interface with 4 Lanes
- 3 x Parallel Interfaces
- 8 x SFP Interface
- 1 × 10/100/1000 Ethernet Interface (Virtex-6)
- 1 × 10/100 Ethernet for Hardware Programming and Monitoring (Spartan3AN)
The complete clock generation and power supply is integrated on board (see Figure 3).